Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Two Is Better Than One

The beach is a place to get away for most
In my case it's a place of misery
A place flooded with memories
It doesn't matter who I'm with
I always feel like I'm there with you
It's the place where I fell in love
It's also the place I want to die

Laying down, looking at the stars
Knowing you're looking at them too
That night I was scared to death
In a panic of seeing you
I backed out, like a coward

Months later I lay in that same spot on the beach
Looking up at that night sky
I still feel like you're there with me
Until I look over and all I see is miles of sand

I wish you were by my side
To hold my hand and keep me warm
I wish I would've seen you that night
Maybe then I wouldn't be laying here alone

0 comments: